Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hallway Bathroom

 I think this was about 2 years ago. This hallway bathroom at my parents' house was my first project.

Before


This bathroom is from the 1970's when the house was built. Apparently the thing for contractors to do back then was apply the wallpaper directly to the wallboard with no primer. When you try to take wallpaper off that has no paint/primer underneath, you tear up the wall.


The hideous wallpaper.


 
Trying to cover all the wallpaper seams. It didn't work out, so I went with a texture treatment.




After

The finished product! The cabinets are pretty beat up, but I think it fits with the look, so I left them alone other than adding the hardware. (They look better in person than in the photo.)




Upclose of the texture treatment I did to cover the wallpaper.




I made the T plaque in the background from a piece of wood, a page of scrapbook paper, a fiberboard T, some decoupage glue, some paint, and 2 tack nails.


The frame my dad built from wood milled on our farm. It turned out beautifully!



No comments:

Post a Comment